New Orleans rocks. You can drink in public (think walking down hot muggy streets with a big ole margarita in hand). Deep frying here is serriaas (think popcorn shrimp). People talk to you on the street and seem to mean it. It’s jazzin’. Fire hydrants double as pavement tables. Tarot readers ply their voodoo business by candlelight all night long. Red bull and cigarettes are cheap. More on the casino scene in due course, but so far, I’m lovin’ it.
- The Good Old Days with Keith Floyd
- Withnail and I Dinner Menu
- Food addiction, and why words matter
- On love and madness in Swaziland
- The problem with food porn
- When food porn got boring
- “Cultural Appropriation” Nonsense
- Is (watching) a post-mortem about fat-shaming?
- Postcard(s) from Chicago
- What is expertise?
- dear PRUDENCE on This is what a cherry looks like: huh? i’ve been on the prudent diet all my life.. i weigh...
- Jacqs on Birds, bees, and fennel ice cream: Evil, mouth watering stuff, but thank you for a delightful read.
- Christiaan Olivier (@ChristiaanOli5) on Surprise: people don’t eat what they’re told!: They are not...
- concerned on Surprise: people don’t eat what they’re told!: EXACTLY- Great piece. This is exactly why I...
- Jacques Rousseau on Surprise: people don’t eat what they’re told!: Also, look at the things they...